Ausgrid and its predecessors have been supplying electricity since 1904. We provide a safe and reliable electricity supply to more than 1.6 million homes and businesses across Sydney, the Central Coast and the Hunter regions.
Our network area now covers 22,275 square kilometres and includes more than 200 large electricity substations, 30,000 small distribution substations, 500,000 power poles and almost 50,000km of below and above ground electricity cables.
We are a state-owned corporation whose shareholder is the New South Wales Government. Previously known as Energy Australia, we continue to be an industry leader in distributing electricity and energy services. Our staff and field crews also provide emergency services, advise on energy efficiency and maintain public streetlights.
Ausgrid’s main activities are:
- Asset ownership and management of the electricity distribution and transmission network
- Infrastructure-related construction and maintenance services
- A range of other services, including street lighting, safety check-ups, energy reviews, metering and 24-hour electrical repairs.
Ausgrid will deliver these activities to ensure that:
- Its network is safe and reliable;
- Its customers value its service;
- Its staff are proud to work here, and
- Its community recognises its values, contributions, citizenship and achievements.
For more information visit Ausgrid's website.